In this article, FinTuts will share its views or ideas about Best Stock Market Movies to watch for, so that you can take a self-decision on your investment or wealth creation journey and can be financially literate and atmanirbhar.
|| Contents ||
It has always been nice advice to remain knowledgeable about the financial world so as to form sensible investment decisions and understand the economic topography which may influence your investments.
Over a period of time, many films in Hollywood or Bollywood have been inspired by the movements in the stock markets. These sorts of movies or documentaries can surely teach a couple of things about the financial world, albeit most of them portray the characters and institutions negatively.
Most people are too busy to sit down and read a book regarding the financial world, few movies have been made which are both entertaining and educational.
Why to watch Stock Market|Financial Movies
- These sorts of movies showcase the life of stockbrokers who took the stock market to dizzying heights and their catastrophic downfall on Wall Street, the concepts of insider trading, systemic corruption, and hostile takeovers.
- It highlights the role or position of rating agencies and gives the message that blindly trusting market analysts can be disastrous.
- It also shows how the Securities and Exchange Commission failed to regulate & monitor mortgage-backed securities, how certain corporations particularly financial institutions are so large and so interconnected that if they fail it might be disastrous to the greater financial system.
- It reveals how large financial institutions function and consequently the motivations of individuals who work within them.
Best Stock Market Movies
- Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story | 2020
- Baazaar | 2018
- Money Monster | 2016
- The Big Short | 2015
- The Wolf of the Wall Street | 2013
- Too Big to Fail | 2011
- Margin Call | 2011
The Bottom Line || Verdict
The above-mentioned movies are a must-watch for those who are interested in the financial world. These movies will provide you a glimpse of how the industry works and the way day to day life is there, because sometimes ‘Truth is Stranger than Fiction’.
In short, if you are not an avid financial book reader and want to avoid financial jargon, just attempt to watch a couple of amazing movies or documentaries which are based on the stock markets. It will surely assist you to know all about the financial world.
We hope that this article might have surely excited you to understand in general about the stock market by watching relevant movies or documentaries.
If you liked reading about this article, then please do visit our other articles regarding Mutual Fund or Passive Income related reviews.
Besides, should you have any concerns, please feel free to comment below or do reach out to us. FinTuts will be happy to help. #HappyInvesting.
Sumit Kalaria is the person behind FinTuts.in. He is actively engaged in finance blogging, not associated with any financial product or service provider. The main focus of his blog is to make investment simple by helping investors to make informed financial decisions.